Windows 10

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

keejay
Flowcode v5 User

Windows 10

Post by keejay »

Hi Benj and team,

My computer is offering me an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Has FC6 been tested on Windows 10 or should I hang on a while before upgrading?

Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Windows 10

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Windows 10 is not released officially until the end of July. The popup is a way of "reserving" an upgrade.

We are planning to begin the Windows 10 testing next week using the preview release.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

I have done some Windows 10 testing this morning using the preview build 10130 and all seems to be working well with Flowcode and our hardware so it all certainly looks good at this end.

We may need to look into signing our executables to get rid of the unknown publisher warnings.

We have released signed USB drivers to simplify the hardware installation process here : http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... =2&t=16552

If anyone has a go at using Windows 10 then we would be interested to hear your thoughts on the new OS and how you are getting on with our kit.

keejay
Flowcode v5 User

Post by keejay »

Thanks for the feedback Benj. will give it a go when it's released.

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

Benj wrote:
If anyone has a go at using Windows 10 then we would be interested to hear your thoughts on the new OS and how you are getting on with our kit.
i have had a go with a couple of win tech technical previews.

build ref 9926 flowcode opened up ok , I tried to install EB-006 PPP driver again the unsigned driver message popped up but there are ways to install unsigned drivers.
flowcode just crashes when opened and I got a black screen had to exit via task manager - end task

When i tried to install Build ref 10041 i couldn't get it to install to my machine, apparently a few people on the technical preview forums having the same issues

Test machine Dell Precision 690

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

keejay
Flowcode v5 User

Post by keejay »

Hi guys,

What's the latest views on using FC6 with windows 10? Anyone had a good/bad experience they'd like to share.

Thanks

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

I have had no complaints, even the COM ports passtrough from Flowcode seems to work better now, and all hardware works fine on the Atmel side. :)
Ill just keep the good work up!