1602 LCD display

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

1602 LCD display

Post by jollybv »

Hi Guys

Just got some new displays for my product could not see the other ones in the sun but now there seems to be a problem the new display only displays the top line. Is there a component that will talk to this display correctly the displat is ERM1602FS-5 is lcd bezel 16x2 1602 display module character,serial and parallel interface,st7070 controller,white led backlight,high contrast,3.3v/5v power.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: 1602 LCD display

Post by Benj »

Hi Brian,

It's probably just a strange setup of the display buffer mapping to the characters on the display.

The standard 16x2 setup is 40 characters for the top line and then 40 characters for the bottom line. So 0, 1 is actually just position 40 of the display RAM.

Maybe try using cursor position 20, 0 or 20, 1 and see if that yields any better results.

If in doubt then you can try outputting a character in a loop with a second delay. Then count the number of seconds until data appears on the bottom row of the display.

If nothing appears on the 2nd line then the display is odd ball indeed and may need further investigation. In this case you could maybe try the two Adafruit OLED components as these have the standard pin out but work in a subtly different way to the standard displays.

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jollybv »

Hi Ben

Thanks for that I used the Adafruit OLED and dis a small modification to the board now it seems to work. Now to go through the whole program and and change the lcd components.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Great, glad it's working.

You may be able to replace the components without having to change the entire project if the macros are compatible.

Add the new display type to your panel.

Select the previous display on the panel.

Right click the display and choose Selection -> Replace

Select the new display type.

Finally delete the new display component you added to the panel, the previous LCD should be replaced with the new Adafruit version.

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jollybv »

Thanks Ben

I did that and it changed the Display but now i get a mismatched error when compiling
E-P_I2CU6E0V46-PIC18LF47K40_256kOBM_6_USERS7_9Trigger_Master_NDTest.c: 1136: (764) mismatched comparison (warning)
what should i do to to rectify this? I have tried replacing the display as instructed and also tried it by adding the display then searching for all the lcd_eb005 components and changing them to the LCDAdafruit components then deleting the old display but still no luck. :?