The electro-pneumatics kit is intended to supplement the Automatics Essentials solution by adding a selection of electrically operated valves and sensors. Together with the included curriculum worksheets and teachers notes, this allows students to learn how electrical and pneumatic circuits can work together to form a complete system.
- Understand solenoid operated pneumatic valves
- Use of electrical sensors for circuit control
- Using microswitches as limit switches
- Expressing electrical circuits as ladder diagrams
- Electrically operated reciprocal circuits
- Sequential control circuits
- Analysing real world examples where these techniques are used