Jobs at Matrix Technology Solutions
We are a growing and ambitious technology company based in Halifax. We produce products and solutions for both technology education,
and to enable electronic product development. We simplify technologies and concepts so they are easy to learn and easy to use. With a
broad range of products we have shown consistently strong growth since formation in 1993. We work hard to create an environment where:
- People are valued and feel valued.
- We make great products we can be proud of.
- We help people and each other.
- We give people opportunities on an equal basis.
- We are fair to shareholders, employees and customers.
We look for people who have high levels of energy and are passionate about what they do. We have a diverse and open environment where ideas
and suggestions are not just encouraged but expected.
Current jobs available at Matrix (Click for more info):
Technical sales and marketing manager
About the role:
The main responsibility of this role is to oversee the sales and marketing of one of our companies most unique and exciting products, a graphical microcontroller
programming environment, Flowcode.
Our aim is to significantly grow sales of this product, primarily to the industrial market, but also among a home/hobbyist user base. We are looking for someone
who has an interest in computing/programming or other engineering disciplines.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Working with: Sales & Marketing / R&D teams
Roles and Responsiblities:
- To make regular outgoing telephone and email contact with relevant customers and contacts.
- To coordinate visits to existing and prospective users of Matrix software, to build a picture of their needs.
- To understand who the key players are in the markets we deal in and ensure that they know Matrix.
- To develop a proactive approach to sales, specifically within industry.
PR & Marketing:
- To develop a marketing plan which includes direct email correspondence and social media.
- To organise and issue regular emails and direct mailings to customers.
- To plan, organise, monitor and evaluate specific marketing campaigns.
- To be responsible for an annual marketing budget for software sales and marketing.
- To gain an understanding for the market and assist with key decision making on the future development of the software by providing insight into users' needs and desires.
- To occasionally run training courses with users, initially at a basic and in time to a more advanced level.
These are the ideal skills and attributes that this person would have:
- Qualified to degree level within a course including sales/marketing principles.
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint - competent level
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal
- Confident telephone manner
- Confident with outbound cold calling
- Good at building relationships
- A quick learner
- Good business sense
- Great organizational skills
- Interest in computing/coding/programming or other engineering disciplines
- Microsoft Office(Excel, Word, Publisher, Powerpoint) to a competent level
Hours 37.5hrs pw Mon-Fri
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
How to Apply:
To apply for a job, please fill out our web contact form with some preliminary details, once we have received this form we will send you an email which you can reply to with your CV attached.
Web Contact Form : Please select "Job Enquiries" from the drop down menu.