2 axis MicroCNC lathe
- Unit 23 of BTEC Higher National: CAD/CAM
- Unit 43 of the BTEC National award in Engineering: Manufacturing CNC machine processes
The 2 axis MicroCNC lathe allows students to understand how G codes are used to control a CNC lathe. The two stepper motors and DC motor connect to our CNC system controller hardware to allow full control of the lathe using the G code file host software. Students can use the hardware and lathe to see how each G code command affects the lathe operation and they can create complex work pieces from wax cylinders.
This is supplied in kit form. Once assembled, it can be stored in our standard plastic storage tray.
- Lathe construction and operation
- Simple G and M code protocol
- CNC machine operation using G codes
- Creation of turned parts using CNC technology
Supplied as a kit which needs modest assembly.
You will also need: MicroCNC system controller and base plate
Compatible software: CamBam software