3 axis MicroCNC milling machine
- Unit 23 of BTEC Higher National: CAD/CAM
- Unit 43 of the BTEC National award in Engineering: Manufacturing CNC machine processes
The 3 axis MicroCNC milling machine allows students to understand how G codes are used to control a CNC operated milling machine. The three stepper motors and DC motor connect to our CNC system controller hardware to allow full control of the miller using the G code file host software. Students can use the hardware and software to see how each G code command affects the machine operation and create complex work pieces from PU blocks or acrylic pieces.
- 3 axis CNC machine construction
- Simple G and M code protocol
- CNC machine operation using G Codes
- Creation of milled parts using CNC technology
Supplied in kit form. Once assembled, it can be stored in our standard plastic storage tray.
You will also need: MicroCNC system controller and base plate.
Compatible software: Deskproto CAM software