This starter system allows students to understand the basics of DC machines. A power supply, controlled via one of our MIAC controllers is the main control unit for the system. Students can use the equipment to understand the basic principles of DC machines and their speed/torque/power characteristics.
A full student manual is available.
- DC machine construction
- Basic DC machines, torque characteristics and efficiency
- Varying DC machine speed with voltage
- DC machines with wound stators
- Compound DC machines
- DC motors as dynamos
- Swinging arm dynamometer and torque measurement
- The link between HP, watts and joules
Resource Version Type