Potential and kinetic energy kit
- Shows the difference between potential & kinetic energy & how it can change from one to the other
- Includes pendulum, flywheel and spring
- Also includes weight hangers and weights
- Work panel and curriculum available separately
This kit includes a pendulum, a spring and a flywheel which fit onto a work panel for experiments in potential and kinetic energy. Students test each part to discover the difference between potential and kinetic energy and the transfer of energy from one form to another. The kit introduces students to key engineering terms such as 'moment of inertia' and 'elastic potential energy'. Worksheets, guidance notes and lecturer notes (with answers) needed for typical experiments are supplied with the work panel.
Essential base unit and kit must be ordered separately.
Learning objectives/experiments include:
- Kinetic and potential energy in a pendulum
- Elastic potential energy in a spring
- Kinetic energy in a flywheel